You must send a copy of your Government Photo ID and your models Government Photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. One week prior to your exam date. If you fail to do so, you will not be approved for the exam. Your government photo ID names must match the sign in sheet no exceptions.
Date: Jul 18, 2019
Location: London School - 114 W. Hastings St, Vancouver, BC
Registration: 9:00 a.m.
Practical: 9:30 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
Candidates must provide:
- Government photo ID/ Models Government photo ID
- materials for the practical exam
- See instructions for checklist
Time: After practical portion
Candidates must bring:
- pen or pencil to complete the exam.
Please note: visitors and/or family members are not allowed to wait inside the premises of the practical or theory exam.
AREAS OF EVALUATION
TOTAL TIME 5 hours 25 minutes
- General Trade Practices - Evaluated concurrently
- Men’s Technical Haircut - 40 minutes
- Women’s Haircutting - 120 minutes
- Curling Iron - 20 minutes
- Creative Updo - 40 minutes
- Partial Perm- 45 minutes
- Colour Application - 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour and 30 minutes timed
- To be completed prior to practical exam date
- 120 questions in a multiple choice format
You must achieve 70% on all parts of the exam (theory & practical) in order to pass the exam
Read and/or DOWNLOAD
The reschedule fee is $100 + GST.
You will need to retake the exam portion(s) where you did not achieve a passing mark of 70% to obtain your BeautyCouncil certificate of qualification. You can retake this exam up to three (3) times if you are still unsuccessful in getting a minimum mark of 70% for all parts of the exam. The retake fee is $100.
All exam retakes must be done within two (2) years of the original exam.
The exam results are not given over the phone and will be sent by mail 2 to 4 weeks after your exam.
Once you have successfully passed your exam, your BeautyCouncil certificate of qualification, along with BeautyCouncil membership, will help increase your job mobility and open doors to more opportunities in your career advancement.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
BeautyCouncil reserves the right to change a confirmed exam date and will notify the applicant by email.