If you have not already done so, please send your proof of training to BeautyCouncil within 48 hours of registering, or you will be unregistered for the exam and your fees will be refunded.
Date: Jan 27, 2020
Location: Surrey Community College 9260 140 St, Surrey, BC V3V 5Z4
Registration: 9:00 am
Practical: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Candidates must provide:
- Photocopy of photo ID for candidate & model
- Completed model waiver form
- materials for the practical exam
- See instructions for checklist
Time: After practical portion
Candidates must bring:
- pen or pencil to complete the exam.
Please note: visitors and/or family members are not allowed to wait inside the premises of the practical or theory exam.
AREAS OF EVALUATION
TOTAL TIME 5 hours 25 minutes
- General Trade Practices - Evaluated concurrently
- Men’s Technical Haircut - 40 minutes
- Women’s Haircutting - 120 minutes
- Curling Iron - 20 minutes
- Creative Updo - 40 minutes
- Partial Perm- 45 minutes
- Colour Application - 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes timed
- 120 questions in a multiple choice format
You must achieve 70% on all parts of the exam (theory & practical) in order to pass the exam
Read and/or DOWNLOAD
The reschedule fee is $100 + GST.
You will need to retake the exam portion(s) where you did not achieve a passing mark of 70% to obtain your BeautyCouncil certificate of qualification. You can retake this exam up to three (3) times if you are still unsuccessful in getting a minimum mark of 70% for all parts of the exam. The retake fee is $100.
All exam retakes must be done within two (2) years of the original exam.
The exam results are not given over the phone and will be sent by mail 2 to 4 weeks after your exam.
Once you have successfully passed your exam, your BeautyCouncil certificate of qualification, along with BeautyCouncil membership, will help increase your job mobility and open doors to more opportunities in your career advancement.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
BeautyCouncil reserves the right to change a confirmed exam date and will notify the applicant by email.