IATSE Local 891Add to Favourites
Hairdressers and Hair Stylists required
IATSE Local 891 https://www.iatse.com/ – The Union behind entertainment (film industry) is seeking qualified Hairdresser/Stylists. The Hairdresser/Stylist will be responsible for cutting, styling and colouring of the Artist’s hair including the care and maintenance and application of wigs and hairpieces and prep work – all under the direction of the Key Hairstylist.
The Hairdresser/stylist works with various tools and must have their own hygienic and sanitized equipment kit which includes: brushes, combs, shears, clippers, razors, hair dryers and various styling products, hair accessories and more.
Candidates for this position must be able to work well within a team and perform tasks as directed by their supervisor and ensure their deadlines are met.
- The applicant must have a valid Red Seal Certificate and/or current BeautyCouncil Certificate of Qualification designation issued by the Cosmetologists’ Association of B.C.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 5 years’ current experience as a practicing hairdresser
- Must have WHMIS
- Must submit a resume
- Must submit a picture portfolio of their work in jpeg files (maximum of 15 megabytes)
- The applicant must have their own hygienic and sanitized hair equipment kit
- Film experience is an application requirement, however, applicants without film experience will be considered at this time
Short term contract work in various locations within Metro Vancouver. This is the film business, expect to work a lot of overtime hours. Shift work may be required as well as weekend work. This position is physically demanding and requires candidates to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
All interested candidates must submit their resume, valid tickets, portfolio and complete "Hair Department application form". Please read the Application Procedure on the website for further details located here: https://www.iatse.com/membership/applications/permittee_applications.aspx.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered will be contacted.